Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Hey All,

Dominic's Christmas was a happy one. He really enjoyed his presents (almost as much as we enjoyed watching him open them). 2008 is finally behind us. While it was a tough year for us, we have not overlooked the fact that we were fortunate enough to end it with our family intact and whole again. Dominic continues to make strides towards his recovery. Over the Christmas break, he told me he had something he wanted to show me. I sat and watched as he steadied himself and then... jumped! It was a little jump, but it meant so much to him. He was so proud of himself. He stood there grinning from ear to ear. It was amazing. Less than 6 months ago we were unsure if he would ever regain consciousness. To see him jump was like watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. It's a moment I will never forget. I'll try to get some new photos posted in the days to come. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Peace,

David Loperena & Family

No comments: